Getting to Reno
Reno is accessible via many modes of transportation, including train, bus, airplane, and car.
- Amtrak’s California Zephyr train route
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- Bus service by Greyhound and FlixBus
The weather in Reno during the conference will likely be warm during the day and cool as soon as the sun goes down. Bring a light jacket for the evenings. The average weather on the week of the conference is:
82° / 45°
Getting around Reno
RTC – Reno Public Transportation
- Pay with Cash only: $2.00 Single Ride or $3.00 for Day Pass
- Pay with App: Token Transit app on Apple or Android phone
To/From Hotel & Conference Locations
- RTC Sierra Spirit Bus (To/From Campus & Hotel) $0.25 one way. Buses every 20 minutes. Spirit Bus Route Map
- Whitney Peak to the Mathewson IGT- Knowledge Center directions: https://goo.gl/maps/DvDN1mL63ve4mczB9
Campus Visitor Parking website: https://www.unr.edu/parking/visitor-parking
- Accessibility – Campus Disable Parking Map 2018-2019
- Visitor Parking Locations 2018-2019
- Metered Parking – Metered Parking and Permit Dispensing Machine Areas are enforced Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. See our campus parking map for metered lot locations. Please note that parking at a non-functioning meter will result in a citation.
- Public/ Visitor Parking – All-day permits may be purchased at permit dispensers located on the top floor of the West Stadium Parking Complex for $5.00. Hourly parking is available on the 1st level of the Brian J. Whalen Parking Complex at $1.50 per hour, with a 4-hour maximum. Parking on other levels or going over the purchased time will result in a citation. The Parking and Transportation Services Department will not issue refunds for pay and display permits purchased in error. All transactions are final.
Or, walk it!
It is a 1.2 mile walk straight up Virginia St. from Whitney Peak Hotel to the Joe Crowley Student Union/ Mathewson IGT-Knowledge Center.