This year’s conference will take place on Zoom on Monday, September 19th and Tuesday, September 20th, 2022. The program for these days is detailed below.
Monday, September 19th
All times in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) All events on Zoom Webinar or Meeting.
Tuesday, September 20th
All times in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). All events on Zoom Webinar or Meeting.
|9:00am – 9:50am||Business Meeting||Zoom meeting|
|9:50am – 10:00pm||BREAK (10 minutes)|
|10:00am – 10:20am||Presentation: Exploring What Can Be Done with Map Annotations: Georeferencing, Metadata Development, and Machine Learning|
|10:20am – 10:40am||Presentation: Lost in Translation: Engaging Student Employees to Surface Japanese Language Maps for a Broader Audience|
|10:40am – 11:00am||Q&A|
|11:00am – 11:30am||BREAK Sponsored by East View Companies|
|11:30am – |
|Lightning Talks: |
– Dutton’s Atlas: How Cartography Helped the Canyon Become Grand
– Using the GeoNames APIs to Create Geospatial Metadata
– Cartographic Performance and Spectatorship
|12:00pm – |
|WAML Scholarship Winners|
– Méch E. Frazier, Geospatial and Cartographic Specialist at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois
– Jo-Ann Wong, Librarian at The Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, New York Public Library
– Wilsinia Ocasio, Director of Prattsburg Free Library in Prattsburgh, NY and MLIS student at SUNY Albany
|1:00pm – |
|BREAK Sponsored by HistoryMosaic|
|1:15pm – |