The Mission/Vision Statement Task Force has completed draft vision and mission statements for review. Please share your feedback by Monday, December 16 by completing this web form and/or by adding your comments to this public discussion document. The Executive Board will take all comments into consideration when discussing the statements at an upcoming board meeting. A final draft of the Vision and Mission Statements will be shared with the WAML membership for approval. We extend our sincere thanks to Phil White (task force chair), Jessica Benner, Louise Ratliff, and Ken Rockwell for their work.
– Susan Powell, WAML President
Draft Vision and Mission Statements
Advancing geospatial excellence in libraries of the West and the World.
WAML is a forum for promoting excellence in the geospatial and map library profession by:
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive space where professionals and enthusiasts alike can learn, share, thrive, and build expertise;
- Advocating for access to and preservation of geospatial data and collections;
- Invigorating the profession and keeping it relevant by adapting to advances in the field; and
- Developing and disseminating professional standards and best practices.