Executive Board Meeting
Thursday, May 14, 2020
8-8:50 am (PDT)
Call meeting to order: 8:04 am
Officers in attendance: Susan Powell (President), Matthew Toro (Vice President), Tom Brittnacher (Past President), Louise Ratliff (Secretary), Bruce Godfrey (Treasurer)
1. Approval of Minutes from last meeting
- Minutes of April 3, 2020. Approved
2. Officer Reports & Check-In (10 minutes)
- President (Susan Powell)
- Action: Will produce ballot soon and send out on Monday.
- Vice President (Matt Toro)
- Conference planning questionnaire drafted and revised.
- Past President (Tom Brittnacher)
- Secretary (Louise Ratliff)
- Louise submitted candidate statements to Susan for production of the ballot.
- Actions approved over email by Executive Board since April 3, 2020, Executive Board meeting: none.
- Treasurer (Bruce Godfrey)
- Nothing new on the treasurer side.
- Conference hotel booked and contract sent to Exec Board.
- No financial obligation if rooms not booked.
3. Appointed Position Reports & Updates from task forces, committees, etc. (5 minutes)
- Social Media Manager appointment — Amy Work has volunteered
- Web Committee chair on hold.
- Exec Board agreed with the appointment of Amy Work.
- Susan will share all other reports & updates via email to attach to the minutes
- Digitization work continues.
- Business manager position – to be determined.
- Ad hoc Web Committee will send out a survey soon.
- Webinar series being co-hosted with MAGIRT (first one is Friday, May 15).
4. Old Business (30 minutes)
- Approve Mission/Vision statements for inclusion in the ballot.
- Vision and mission statements to be reviewed by the Exec Board. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aajDRiNgTI_7tGs29oisSkQUywFEAgCSftHVQ4TebKc/edit?ts=5df96d4b
- Editing is done.
- Moved and seconded to approve the Mission and Vision statements shown in the revised Google doc (link above).
- Conference Planning
- Bruce has done the work to plan the in-person conference.
- Attendance is an unknown at this time.
- Susan reported that the Scholarship Committee has been discussing possible scenarios.
- Matt’s survey: it would make people feel more like a community if they could participate in the decision about in-person vs online.
- Discussion of video conferencing software possibilities.
- Discussion of conference volunteers needed.
- ACTION: Matt will send out the survey today, responses due May 21.
5. New Business (if time permits)
- How best to support WAML membership during the current pandemic
- ACTION: Pursue over the listserv
6. Next Meeting:
- Short Zoom meeting May 22, 8:00 am PDT to discuss the survey results.
Meeting adjourned: 8:54 am