September 14, 2018
Special Collections Catalog Librarian
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
On behalf of the Western Association of Map Libraries Executive Board, I am proud to present you with the WAML Distinguished Service Award in recognition of exemplary efforts toward the betterment of the Association.
Along with this award, we are also pleased to offer you a lifetime membership in WAML. Beginning July 1, 2019, your annual dues will be covered by the organization.
Some of your notable and outstanding contributions include:
- holding elected positions on the Executive Board (Vice-President/President-Elect, President, and Past President) from 1994 to 1997;
- holding appointed positions as Information Bulletin Atlas and Book Review Editor from 1997 to 2006 and ALA/MAGIRT liaison from 2004 to the present;
- contributing to the organization through 16 articles and two book reviews in the Information Bulletin;
- hosting WAML conferences in 1995 and 2008; and
- participating in WAML conferences since 1989, including several presentations.
Additionally, your commitment to the organization, your professionalism, and your leadership are examples to us all. This is especially demonstrated in your volunteerism, commitment to get things done and produce results, and your support of others.
And with this, you also bring a warm personality and a great sense of humor. Paige Andrew said it best when he commented that you are, “…one of those unique, outgoing and talented individuals whom one meets only on occasion in their life. And then [you leave] a lasting impression. [Your] openly friendly demeanor and willingness to help anyone have long-lasting affects.”
We are privileged to have you as a member of WAML. Congratulations!