Cartobibliographies & Indexes
Early Maps of the USDA Soil Survey Series, 1899-1962 – A cartobibliography and indexes of soil survey maps for Alaska, Hawaii, California and the Pacific Northwest including Idaho, Oregon and Washington compiled by Richard Soares at CSU-Chico.
Geologic Atlas of the United States / USGS Folios – Paul Leverenz published an index to the Geologic Atlas of the United States in the March, 1988 issue of the WAML Information Bulletin, Volume 19, Number 2, pages 74-77.
Geologic Map Indexes by Quadrangle Names – Published in the WAML Information Bulletin
- Hawaii – Volume 19, March 1988, pages 64-73.
- Nevada, 1879-1982, A-L – Volume 15, March 1984, pages 197-215.
- Nevada, 1879-1982, M-Z – Volume 15, June 1984, pages 342-361.
- Nevada, 1983 Supplement – Volume 16, November 1984, pages 64-68.
- Nevada, 1984-1985 – Volume 17, June 1986, pages 235-239.
- Ohio – Volume 23, November 1991, pages 6-31.
- Oregon, 1883-1996.
- Utah Geological Survey index for 7.5 Quadrangle maps for additional information.
National Park Service: Park Brochures / Site Bulletins
PDF scans of visitor and scientific documents back to the early 1900’s
Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps Union List – Digital version of WAML’s Union List of Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps Held by Institutions in the United States and Canada based at the University of California, Berkeley.
Map Librarianship Bibliographies
Alan Edward Schorr, 1977. Map Librarianship, Map Libraries & Maps, A Bibliography: Supplement I. SLA Geography & Map Division Bulletin 107, pages 2-18.
Alan Edward Schorr, 1974. Map Librarianship, Map Libraries & Maps, A Bibliography, 1921-1973. SLA Geography & Map Division, Bulletin 95, pages 2-35.
Current Literature on GIS in Libraries from McMaster University Libraries Lloyd Reeds Map Collection